Monday 19 January 2009

It was the day before Christmas


I'm going to pick up almost where I dropped off, give or take a few days.

We all reach certain milestones in our lives I turned 36 on Christmas eve and I felt like I was kissing so many things goodbye

I woke to emails and cards and presents just the cat and me in an empty nest, a sense of calm washing over me as for a few hours I had time to myself where I was not putting other peoples needs and wants first.

Yoko and I snuggling I thought about my life and realised that it will probably just be me, that it is unlikely I will have children or that happy picket fence

But . . .

Least I am safe, I no longer wake pinned by my throat by someone who loved me but had so many demons

that the only dismissive words I hear now are my own

no longer locked away

I am a very good godmother

7 comments:

  1. trust me, darlin'....you're still young....

    I am a feeling that you're a very good friend to some people as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a blessing to anyone who meets you; we need more FBs. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, *you* really are a blessing, L. :) I'm so glad you are here.

    I'm certain that your life ahead of you will be so much better!

    (BigHug)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have overcome so much in your life, and I know that one day that happy white picket fence will be there. Maybe the paint will be worn, or the fence won't be straight, but I know things will be awesome.


    I think you are just an amazing woman!!! Even though I haven't known you that long, I still consider you a great friend.


    It takes a long time sometimes to fully bounce back from those relationships, but it does happen. My worst one ended almost 9 years ago, and I still have bad days, but with each passing day, I get strength and see the silver lining more and more. If you ever need someone to listen, please know that I am here for you, k?


    Big huge hugs!!!


    Love ya!


    P.S. I really love your photo on here. :-) It looks kinda familiar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If the demon has left the building, you only need to shoo away the ghosts.

    Never give up, discouragement and self dismissal are ghosts...

    It's good to see you back, FB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life is just starting to fall into place girlie, just keep being you, good things happen to good people, you are good people :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are still young enough and more than wise enough to have it all FB. Now we just need to get rid of your dismissive words!

    ReplyDelete