Sunday 1 March 2009



Saturday was spent in the usual ripneck speed where I get up early and get the 7:50am train to thr north to tend to my mothers needs.This means cleaning, dealing with paperwork (several long phonecalls tying to sort things out) grocery shopping and so forth.

My mother is not destined to end up as a motivational speaker on the circuit (I would say he dementia and general madness prevent that)

but she took it to another level


I think telling me that I was single barren and heading foe menopause cheered me up no end. Then when I burst into tears said she didn't mean to upset me. Mums you got to love them

Life took a surreal turn which strangely I am used to but when telling others it all seems a bit mad.
I managed to accidently attend 6pm mass (for those worrying I haven't been to comunion for over a year so when push came to shove took a blessing rather than a sip).
This church I thought was deconcerated as I had never seen it open so when I saw lights and heard the bell ringing, stopped to take a photo only to have the bishop invite me to mass. What was more surreal was that it was a full service with only the bishop the priest and the church warden and me in this vast high church. I found the repitation and chanting of scripture relaxing.
Went to a frienda birthday party having made her a neckless which matched the dress she had bought that day (strange but true).
Walked today only seven miles so feeling guite lazy
Getting used to the fact that this may be it

12 comments:

  1. Mothers are the darndest things! I think you are right - there will be no career for her as the female Anthony Robbins.

    I hope you enjoyed the walk & there are big things in store for the FB this year - I'm certain of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with our Lerm...there are GOOD things in store for you, and I think it was nice of the bishop to invite you.

    Went to Latin Mass today, didn't understand the words, of course (there was translation), but I found it very relaxing. Strange because I was in a state upon arriving at the church. (Sat Nav had tried to get me lost!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dementia is so hard to handle. I feel for you. That must be really trying.. ONLY walked 7 miles?? Holy Cow girl! I did 45 minutes of Tae bo and it totally wiped me out. Can't imagine what a 7 mile walk would do :) Hope you had a wonderful evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're still young, darlin'....trust me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I avoided a seven mile walk today and settled for only four miles, but it was a sunny and dry day, if only -4°C.

    Remember what I said about chin up, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm here, just no time to read ... I hope to catch up later, after work

    ReplyDelete
  7. you walked 7 miles? I used to walk just 3 miles every day for a couple of years, on the boardwalk before I went to work each day.

    That was hard for me,lol, I could not ever do the 7 miles!!

    I think Catholic cathedrals are awesome, although I'm not Catholic. Blessing instead of a sip? :)

    Hope you have a good week. (hug)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We need to have a Benny Hill Show Marathon-- it's time to laugh our azzes off, what ya say L? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the old time style masses, including the Latin. The modern stuff has spoiled so much for me (yes, I was brought up Catholic, even wanted to be a nun once... don't laugh!).

    I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have gone for the sip. Actually I always do, shoot I figure it would be rude to refuse!

    Love the photos.

    Only seven miles...you make me feel like a lazy old woman! Seven miles is great girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there! How ya been?

    ReplyDelete
  12. FB, Pretty much everyone here knows more about you and women in general than I do, but you know I love ya, ya gorgeous Kiwi. :)

    I do know this though, you are lovely in every way, in every way I have seen, read and heard about you and from you.

    No worries. K? {Hugs}

    ReplyDelete